Monday 7 May 2018

Mystery Tour - Day 3


6th may 2018

It was too nice a day to walk in the shadows of  city buildings  or hover in dark alleys.

I took advantage of the perfect May weather and booked another River cruise. This time I headed the other way, out to Williamstown and back, a two hour journey.  I was directed to a smaller and older boat which I enjoyed more. It had character and everyone knows a boat with character is much more interesting.

David and Goliath

Again, I pushed my camera to work hard for me and in doing so broke my last record by accumulating over one hundred photos. Ever grateful for the invention of digital cameras.

As the boat navigated out of the Yarra River,  large ships moved slowly past us,  their little helpers tugging along beside or behind them.




Metal Giraffes






I fell in love with the giant metal giraffes as they guarded the Port, ever watchful,  heads high into the cloud.






Cranes pretending to be AT-AT

 Nor can I forget  those mechanical walkers, roaming the port like giant AT-AT vehicles. 









Shag on a rock (Pied Cormorants)




Bird life, fishermen, and buildings, all added to my growing number of images.



I spent most of the time on the small deck with a few others, enjoying the cool breeze on my face and the warmth of the sun across my back.
 
Wind in my hair



Nearing the end of the journey and motor trouble  became  obvious as the captain steered the boat in a wavering manner, stopping and starting the engine constantly. Something about the boat's character perhaps.  All good and no need to adorn our bodies with those vibrant accessories called Life Jackets.


Good to know
 
Back and safe on dry land, where I grabbed some lunch from a street stall at the Art Centre.

A few more photos of buildings in Flinders street , having spotted them the week before and had to have them for my 'building collection.' Yes, I actually have acquired enough images now to call it a 'collection'.

Day done and one thing I have learnt from these travels - you have to think like a tourist to appreciate what your city has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Procrastination and Spirit Animals

  For over a year I have procrastinated on my well overdue novel. I was the queen of procrastination and people were even making smug commen...